General Supply List
This is a general list and is not in any particular order. We suggest printing it. We also highly recommend that you use what you have. Shop your stash, and please allow for substitutions when possible.
THIS LIST IS DYNAMIC AND CHANGING so please check back often before the event on December 31, 2023. .
ALSO – if you don’t have some of the supplies, it’s okay to just sit and watch. That’s where the replays will come in handy.
- Basic bookbinding kit – CLICK HERE
- A variety of blank papers
- A variety of papers to paint, collage, rip, tear, and fold. This can be ephemera, snippets of serendipity (paper scraps), collage bits, blank paper, scrapbook paper, old art, any kind of leftover paper scraps that you have - papers with and without paint, old gel prints, vintage papers, old book pages, ephemera, old tea bags (dry and empty), etc.
- acrylic or craft paints
- gesso (white, black, gray, gold – whatever color you have)
- watery / fluid mediums like watercolor, acrylic inks, gouache, watercolor crayons, watercolor markers, fountain pen inks, watersoluble pastels like neocolors, watersoluble graphite, etc.
- brushes – any kind, any size, any type, any brand
- markers and pens / any kind, any colors
- black permanent pen
- white pen
- white crayon
- double sided tape
- washi tape
- magazine images for collage
- something you can use to draw circles
- fabric bits and bobs (including ribbon if you have it)
- rubber stamps (any kind, any size, any pattern)
- a circle cutter or scissors you can use to cut circles
- hotel key card or similar for scraping paint
- jar/glass of water
- word for the year
- favorite quote
- powdered charcoal
- stabilo marks all
- a small to medium embroidery hoop
- Several skeins or scraps of various colors of embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- 12” square piece of lightweight, light, neutral colored cotton background
- fabric of various sizes, colors, styles, and textures
- Heat or water-soluble pen for transferring designs on to fabric
- Compass or a circle stencil (circles can be traced or drawn freehand if you don’t have these tools)
- paper trimmer
- glue stick
- collage materials
- spray inks or dropper inks
- tool for mark making – pencil, watercolor crayon, colored pencils, etc.
- makeup/cosmetic sponge
- A range of collage items
- Stamp pad + favorite rubber stamps
- Masking tape
- fabric scraps
- needle and thread and/or sewing machine
- letter stamps or stickers, cut outs, rub-ons, etc.
- Paint pens
Added on 12/29/2022
- heat tool / craft gun
- a single hole punch or a crop-a-dile
- Elmer's Glue
- 6x6 piece of lightweight cotton muslin
- a magazine (one that you can use separate from the magazine images listed above)
OPTIONAL / HIGHLY RECOMMENDED -- UPDATED 12/29/2022
- Tarot and Oracle Deck/Cards
- scoring board
- a vintage postage stamp or something similar (can be one you download and print for use in your art)