Gratitude Journaling 101
Make Your Own Journal and Fill it With Gratitude
Something magical happens to us when we begin (and sustain) a practice of gratitude. It doesn't need to be elaborate or complicated to be powerful and pleasurable. Gratitude can be beautiful whether done in private or shared publicly. It's an inward expression of an outward truth -- being grateful makes us more happy, more healthy, and, when needed, more humble. Being grateful has become a mainstreamed concept, but the truth is, it's an age old idea. One that can be seen throughout history, spanning across many religions, faiths, and spiritual practices. Gratitude is NOT a new concept.
This class is about many things, but the most important lesson I aim to get across is how simple it can be to create a beautiful, creative, and sustainable gratitude practice by applying new methods to an old idea (and brushing off some old methods and using them in modern times). It's about helping you develop a healthy habit of being grateful each day and making that habit a priority.
In this course you will:
- Create your own handmade gratitude journal. (These ideas can also be done in a blank store bought journal)
- Make a unique cover for your handmade gratitude journal.
- Layout your pages for journaling ahead of time to keep things simple through your month.
- Use prompts to help you develop a gratitude journaling habit.
- Share how your gratitude practice is transforming your life with other like-minded gratitude practitioners in a private Facebook community.
- Step-by-step video tutorials for making a handmade journal.
- A list of daily prompts to use as you journal.
- Quotes on gratitude that you can use for journaling or lettering practice.
- Suggestions for filling your journal habitually.
- Ideas and suggestions for how to be more creative in your journal.
- A downloadable PDF.
- Access to a private Facebook Group.
Hello Beautiful Creative You!
I'm happy you're here.
I'm Kiala Givehand, a mixed media book artist, creative business strategist, and workshop leader originally from Florida, temporarily living in Northern Georgia (by way of Oakland, California), where I reside with my husband, Damon.
For almost 20 years, I taught English, Language Arts, and Creative Writing at every level, while simultaneously traveling the U.S. delivering workshops and presentations to educators. While I still travel occasionally to work with teachers and writers, I now enjoy working one-on-one and in small groups with students, teachers, artists, writers, and creative entrepreneurs who want to identify their passions so they can embrace their gifts and talents through the empowered expression of their deepest desires. I do this work as a Creative Business Strategist because I love helping others find the thing that fills them with joy.
I've done a lot of things in my short 40+ years on this planet, but I'm most proud of raising my nephew Treavor, and listening to my inner wisdom by doing the things that make me come alive. Constructing handmade books and art journals is one of those things that allow me to feel A L I V E!!! And I'd love to have you join me on this journey. CLICK HERE if you want to see a gallery of some of my art journal pages.
I cherish every single day and treat life as one amazing adventure. I play with paint and watercolor, fold paper into books, write poetry, short fiction, & creative non-fiction, and sometimes I blog. But always, every single day, I journal and do something that I feel is creative. Oh!! And did I mention that I'm the proud owner of a fabulous collection of fountain pens? (I know. Geek alert!)
Join me and let's create something beautiful, TODAY!!